What Is Bentonite Clay?
Bentonite clay is a natural healing clay comprised of minerals and it’s formed from natural volcanic ash, which was originally discovered near Fort Benton , Wyoming . It’s very powerful and produces a negative electric charge when water is added to it , which aids in binding and removing toxins . When you mix water with the clay, the components alter in order to allow it to become a powerful tool to absorb toxins . This clay is commonly used for removing toxins externally on your skin . Another benefit of the clay is that it is commonly used to remove heavy metals from the body.
When used externally , you can apply it to any area of your body , such as your face or feet . Some even apply it to their whole body and take a bentonite clay bath .
Minerals are abundant in healing clays , like Bentonite, including ; iron, magnesium , sodium , calcium , and potassium , and this results in the addition of many nutrients to the body .
Benefits Of A Bentonite Clay Mask :
There are so many benefits of using bentonite clay , but I just wanted to focus on the amazing benefits you’ll get by applying this mask !
Heals and regenerates skin tissue
Draws out toxins
Treats acne (prevents breakouts and helps clear up acne)
Unclogs and shrinks pores
Reduces appearance of scars
Excellent natural exfoliator
Evens out skin tone
Leaves skin feeling softer
Leaves your face glowing !
How Often Should You Use The Bentonite Clay Mask ?
I apply the mask daily and leave it on for about 1 hour, which is probably longer than most leave it on , but it has been working great for me doing it this way .
Many use the mask just a few times a week or once a week and have great results . But if it’s your first time applying a bentonite clay mask , You would start out with doing it once a week and see how your skin responds , as it is quite powerful and this way you can work your way up to using it daily !
Ingredients / What You’ll Need :
1 teaspoon bentonite clay
1 teaspoon water or apple cider vinegar
Optional : a cup or bowl and a spoon to mix them
* If you use a spoon to mix them , make sure it isn’t metal because this causes metals to leach from the spoon into the clay , making the clay not as effective .
1. Take about 1 teaspoon of the bentonite clay powder and about 1 teaspoon of water or apple cider vinegar (ACV) and put it in a bowl or cup .
Note : You can use water or ACV as a liquid for the mask . The ACV tends to make the mask a little more powerful/harsh on your skin , so if you have sensitive skin you may want to use water .
2. Mix the two ingredients well , until it forms a paste consistency. You can add a little more water or a little more powder , if the consistency doesn’t seem like it will easily spread on your face .
3. Apply the bentonite clay mask to your face using your fingers . Some people also spread it down their neck and upper chest too .
4. Leave the mask on for about 20 to 30 minutes. I usually end up leaving mine on for an hour because I apply it fairly thick and it does take about 15 minutes to just dry . As the mask dries , your face will start to feel tight .
5. Rinse off the mask using just water . You may have to gently scrub a little with your fingers to get it off . It tends to try to stick to your skin .
After you rinse the mask off , your skin may look a little pink for a few minutes . This usually happens to everyone after using the mask because the clay increases blood flow to your face as it pulls out toxins .
For Those With Sensitive Skin :
If you have sensitive skin , apply a thinner layer and leave the mask on for a shorter time . Then increase the frequency and how long you leave it on depending on how your skin feels .
Just after one use of the bentonite clay mask your skin would feel super clean and refreshed !
Bentonite clay is very effective and beneficial for your skin no matter what your age . What’s special about the bentonite clay mask is that it draws out toxins from the skin , shrinks your pores (noticeably just after a few uses) , prevents breakouts and leaves your skin soft and smooth .
WHEN LESS IS MORE ; 2020 / 2021 has been a boom year for skincare categories . With many of us now working from home, we’ve had the luxury ...
While it’s impossible to stop your skin from aging , there’s a lot that you can do to slow down the process . Of course, you need to start e...
Did you know that Vitamin C serums can protect your skin and even reverse the signs of aging ? One of the hottest skincare products on toda...
Your skin is your body’s largest organ . It is complex and multi-layered . How well do you know it ? Changes in health , weight and just t...